Thursday, May 8, 2008

National Zoo Visit

Frank and I went to the National Zoo for a fun day out. It turns out that it is almost in our backyard! The layout of the Zoo is such that you start at the top of the hill and walk down the hill into the Zoo - all I have to say is that it is a good thing there was ice cream waiting back at the top of the hill or I might still be in the Zoo! :-)
A little known fact, Frank's favorite animal is the Anteater. We looked the whole day for an Anteater and found a statue in front of the mammal exhibit but no Anteater. I was sure that I had seen one on the website so I checked back. Turns out they are in the Amazonia area (who knew?) so we will have to go back to make their acquaintance! Two of our other favorite animals to watch were the Panda and the Tiger so I've attached their photos.

No comments: