Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Cheer

Well the Christmas holiday is winding down...

Frank and I are still busy unpacking but got a break with a wonderful visit from Frank's family. We went to Washington, DC for the first time as new residents. I was shocked to learn that I now live closer to the Nation's Capitol than I lived to the State of Idaho's Capitol my whole childhood! We got to go see the National Christmas tree and each State's Christmas tree - what fun!?!

Frank and I determined we are ready to welcome a new cat into our lives. We hit a minor speed bump - it seems adopting a cat in the city is nigh-unto impossible. We had to give veterinary references for the application for the Humane Society - they'll get back in about a week for our home visit. Geesh - who knew!?! I'll keep you up to date on our progress...

No comments: